It was interesting to see how the EQ (Emotional Intelligence Knowledge) is applicable to work success within various business functions. According to Steven Stein and Howard Book, there are 5 top factors that are relevant to work success for marketing professionals:
1) Optimism – one has to have it while looking for market opportunities!
2) Reality Testing – to accurately/ballpark assess the situation
3) Independence – to be able to make decisions on your own
4) Impulse Control – to be able to think before leaping
5) Social Responsibility – to be able to see far enough to not step on someone’s toes
Great insights. I think, personally, I would focus on working more on reality testing, impulse control and self-regard.
Oddly enough, for a marital bliss, interpersonal skills come last on the list. The most important factors in priority are happiness, self-regard, self-awareness and self-actualization and reality-testing.